To adequately address the life of the parish and the mission of the Church, the pastoral council works within these five ministry areas referred to as “commissions”:
- Liturgy – Works to enhance the spiritual life of the parish. The dominant concern is Sunday and Holy Day Celebrations.
- Education and Formation – Works to coordinate, develop, promote and evaluate all parish-related education and formation programs.
- Social Justice and Charitable Outreach – Works to inform and involve the parish community in social concerns and charitable acts toward one another and toward the larger community, city, state, nation and world.
- Parish Life – Works to promote unity and a sense of “family” among parish members by providing opportunities for people to be together.
- Finance and Administration – Works to assist the pastor in “ordinary” acts of administration of the goods and finances of the parish. Members of the Pastoral Council are elected by the congregation for a two year term. Elections are held each January. For more additional details on Pastoral Council responsibilities you are encouraged to contact current members of the council.